Charles Dickens said, “no one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another”. Any true administrative professional should possess (or work towards obtaining them) the skills to lighten burdens for others and maintain as a steady support system for them.
Like any profession that yields continued success, one has to have a calling, giftings and or passion for a job dedicated to uplifting others before themselves. We’ve compiled a checklist of our top 18 undeniable skills when identifying administrative professionals.
- Management –experience overseeing teams and decision making
- Social Media Savvy–knowledgeable in various platforms, management and up-to-date on trends
- Customer Service –background in customer service or professional training
- Phone Etiquette
- Project Management
- Finance—bookkeeping, invoices, payroll processing
- Calendar Management/Scheduling
- Soft Skills—active listening, critical thinking, communication, etc.
- Proficient Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Microsoft or other project management software knowledge
- Event Planning
- Basic Graphic Design –Canva or PicMonkey
- Writing—emails, letters, blogs, copy, social posts, website updates
- Time Management
- Resourceful–instead of saying “it can’t be done” they figure out how it can be done
- Insightful–offer feedback on blind spots and other needed areas of improvement
- Team Builder–knows how to build effective teams for successful outcomes
- Leader–leads whenever the opportunity presents itself
The list doesn’t end here. There are many other skills that can identify a stellar administrative professional. To learn more about our area of expertise in the admin realm, click here.
At Your Service,